Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thing 8


In the same post in which you placed your creation, briefly describe your experience completing Thing 8. Which of these tools intrigues you and why? Was it easy, frustrating, time-consuming, fun? Share some of your ideas for using the images you can create.

There are a lot of amazing (and free) tools out on the web! I had fun with the Spell with Flickr tool. I couldn't figure out though how to save the whole thing and post it here. I was amazed at how powerful it was and how fun it could be. My students would love to play around with that (wonder if my school's web surfer will allow it...hmmm).

The magazine cover of course was very fun as well. They are all fun and exciting but at the same time very, very time consuming! You could play around with each of these tools for hours to produce some interesting and fun mash-ups. The games especially I think would appeal to my students. They love doing anything on the computer as long as there is a game involved.

I can see this as a "Sponge" activity in my classroom. An activity that they do once they are done with their work that "soaks up" the time while they are waiting for the others in class to finish. Having a computer with wifi in front of them is too tempting sometimes. Directing them to these sites could let them explore their creative side and have fun at the same time.

For myself, I find the sites to be amusing but don't see that I would use them that much. I am so short on time as it is that I cannot image spending too much time playing around with these things.

No comments: