Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thing 12




Review the widget you selected. Are you getting comfortable with embedding code? Do you belong to other online communities? Are relationships formed online as meaningful as face-to-face relationships? Why do you think MySpace and other social networking sites are so popular with kids today?


I really like polldaddy. It is a quick and easy way to create an interactive poll or survey to post to a blog or a wiki. I am comfortable embedding the code into the blog. No problem.

I do belong to other online communities. They are not as meaningful to me as face-to-face relationships but they do have an impact in my life in many ways.

I think social networking sites are so popular because they are fun! I enjoy them myself. I don't have the time or energy to devote to them like a teenager does. I have found myself up at 2a.m. playing games on facebook though! The widgets are so fun to collect and send to each other. One other very important aspect to their popularity is how easy it is to use them. The entrepreneurs who developed these codes made them so easy, that, well, a child could use them. And they do.

No comments: