Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thing 5

RSS can be a difficult concept for some to grasp right away - what questions do you have? What didn't work or doesn't make sense? How might you use RSS in your personal or professional life? Find anything in your searching that you'd recommend to others?

I think RSS is very logical and isn't difficult to grasp at all. Of course I am biased because I have used it before.

One thing did not work with the demonstration. When I tried to subscribe to 2cents, I was not offered the script. Instead it offered me a Windows feed. Instead of using the script I just used the Sub with Bloglines method instead.

I think I will use RSS for my professional life rather than my personal life. I enjoy visiting my personal blogs on a daily basis and do not want to streamline that process. But subscribing to feeds of professional blogs will help me keep track of the ones I want to visit. So far, all of the sites I have found are ones that I was already aware of.

No comments: