Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thing 14

Include your Delicious username in this blog post so that others can view the bookmarks that you have chosen to share. Then reflect on how you think social bookmarking can be used in your teaching. Does Delicious seem to be a tool that can enhance your productivity?

I don't want to post my user name as some of my students are accessing this site : ) If you want to know if, leave contact info in the comments and I will send it to you. Thanks.

I guess I jumped the gun in Thing 13- I didn't have to sign up for Delicious then, but I do for 14 so I just want to voice the same disapproval. I don't care for this site. It felt counterintuitive and this was the first time in the 23 Things that I found something that I don't think I will use in the future.

I can definitely see that Delicious could enhance productivity for some people. By having the bookmarks centrally located so that it can be accessed from many different computers, there would be no more searching for a site you saw a few months ago. The social bookmarking would be helpful if you can find a professional community of teachers all in the same field, using the same program to share their bookmarks. But I can find this same information listed on people's personal websites, professional organizations sites, and in search generators.

I don't think this is a "Thing" I will be using though. A little too much for me right now.

No comments: